Close this search box.

Self Referral

Due to COVID-19, the opening hours and access to these services may differ from what is noted here. Please contact the individual services for more information on the current hours and access.

Most referrals to other specialists will require you seeing or speaking with a GP. However, there are a number of local services, listed below, that you are able to make self referrals to.

Northumberland County Council

Information, support, help, and guidance available from your local council.
0345 600 6400

Children and Young People’s Service – Northumberland – CNTW165

The Children and Young People’s Service provides a single service to all children and young people aged 0-18 years living in Northumberland who present with mental health difficulties. This includes children and young people who may have learning difficulties and those living in a range of difficult and challenging circumstances.
01670 502 700

Sexual Healthcare

Blyth One to One Centre at Blyth Community Hospital. We provide free and confidential sexual health services for anyone aged 13 and over.
01670 51 51 51


If you have problems with your legs and feet or are experiencing painful foot conditions our podiatry team can help to make sure that you can still get around as you used to and to stay independent. You can refer yourself please call your GP practice and they will be able to arrange an appointment. In Northumberland the service operates Monday to Friday between 8:30am – 4:30pm.
01665 511979


Onecall brings together adult social care and healthcare staff from the trust with Northumberland County Council staff from children’s services, and partners in Northumbria Police. Our priority is providing help at the earliest opportunity before the situation becomes more serious.
01670 536 400

Northumberland Joint Musculoskeletal and Pain Service (JMAPS)

If you are experiencing musculoskeletal aches and pains or persistent pain, the Northumberland Joint Musculoskeletal and Pain Service (JMAPS) can help you manage your condition. Specialist staff including musculoskeletal physiotherapists, clinical psychologists, specialist nurses and rehabilitation therapists can assess, advise and support you to manage your condition with the aim of improving your health and wellbeing. Call the number shown below to self-refer.
03301 244 652

Citizens Advice – Northumberland

Citizens Advice Northumberlands aim is to provide information and advice services across Northumberland and campaign for changes in legislation and practices. Every year we assist over 16,000 people and help them deal with about 40,000 different problems. Citizens Advice Northumberland, provides free, confidential and impartial information and advice, on a range of issues including money, benefits, housing and employment.
03444 111 444

Find a psychological therapies service in England

You can refer yourself directly to a psychological therapies service (IAPT) without seeing your GP. These services offer therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), for common problems including: stress, anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and phobias

NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme

The Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NHS DPP) identifies those at diabetes high risk and refers them onto a behaviour change programme.